Week One04 Jan 2017
Halfway through the first week of 2017 and things are looking good. I have done actual writing, started an unplanned weekly project, and we started planning next Christmas. Go us!!
Now I just have to keep the momentum moving forward. This is where I normally fall down. I am great at starting things but not so good at completing them. This year is different. Therapy has taught me a lot about setting goals, and the number one thing I learned was to make them attainable.
Which as with all good advice I will ignore. Because I want to get things done this year and don’t care what I should do. Here are the goals I have set for the year:
- Finish writing The Problem with Portal 5. This novella follows Jack Featherstone, magician, as he tries to save the world… or a world.
- Finish Calliope and the Living Biologic. This is my NaNoWriMo 2015 book that I have rewritten a couple times and is almost done. Just one more rewrite to go.
- Edit Rio Borealis. NaNoWriMo 2016 book that needs a good read through and edit. Who doesn’t love space westerns? In a small frontier town on the side of Vastitas Borealis basin there has been a death. The largest land owner for a thousand miles has been found dead. Lucy, the local saloon owner and doctor, discovers something unsettling as she does an autopsy.
- Write and Draw a comic. This has been a dream of mine for years and years. My drawing ability is just so-so, and comics are hard to write, but I hope to have it finished by the end of the year.
- Continue The Correspondent. Serial story posted on Acme Hero, Inc
- The Bow Tie Project!!!
Most of these are writing projects, which is great. I love writing. The project I am most nervous about is the last one. A committed sewing project is an insane idea. And what I am most afraid of is that I will peter out before I really get started. But I am not going to give into that fear.
Speaking of that (SEGUE!!), The 3Fs is free this week!!
Don’t forget that you can support my writing efforts on Patreon